Step 8: Dog Biscuit Recipe
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 ½ cups warm water
½ cup organic peanut butter (no salt, no sugar)
¼ cup all natural carob chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it is firm and workable. You may need to add small amounts of warm water to eliminate stickiness and to get to desired consistency.
4. Roll dough out to a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness and cut to desired shapes. If you roll it out too thin, biscuits may tend to curl up. Have fun with dog-inspired cookie cutters like bones, hydrants, etc.
Tip: Be sure to make appropriate sized treats for the size of dog. Larger dog equals larger sized treats; Smaller dog requires smaller sized treats.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the cookies stand in the oven for about an hour and a half to continue to harden.
6. Treat your favorite canine to a homemade treat!