So, a few weeks back Chad decided to write a blog dedicated to himself and asked Dave and myself to do the same. With season 2 of ‘b. organic’ still heading out the door, I didn’t quite have the time to do it yet and, to be honest, I figured you guys had read some of the blog posts I’ve put up in the past and have a pretty good idea of the “Burch Experience.” Anyway, deadlines passed and loose ends tied up, I find myself with a clean plate on a Friday afternoon (which never happens) and some time to write this blog. Now, I could sit here and talk about how great it is to work for Michele, but Chad pretty much gave her all the same compliments that I would have and, as awesome as she is, I’d rather spend this time talking about myself anyway.. So let’s begin!
Hi! I’m Zach and I’m the man who takes stacks of tapes (like a stack of 60 tapes for the two episode Kitchen special from this season) and turns it into ‘b. organic.’ I edit, I love to edit, I’ve loved to edit since I taught myself how to run my high school’s Avid because my video teacher got cranky when she had to edit our student productions. I can’t think of anything else that keeps my attention like the challenge of taking hundreds of video clips and turning them into a program that actually has an impact and inspires people in the real world. (I have some pretty sweet adult ADHD!) I also like to write, not as much as I love to edit, but it’s up there. I help Michele out whenever she gets swamped by writing blogs, promo and newsletter copy, and by acting as our copy editor.. You’d be surprised at how spelling-challenged creative people like our group is! Those are pretty much my main responsibilities at S.M.I., although, I do stick my fingers in the DVD creation, website maintenance and clerical pies when need be. I do have to say, I have a pretty SWEET gig here. And just an FYI to you fans, every time I’m at work, contemplating going postal over a real tough edit, all I have to do is check the ‘b. organic’ Facebook page and see the outpouring of love our show gets, and it reminds me why we do what we do. So thank you all for the wonderful comments about the show, and keep them up, they really make the days that much sweeter!
Ok 10 facts about Zach, some pictures and I’m outtie!
1. I’m engaged to a wonderful girl named Sarah, we get married in June.
2. I have two little, 1-year-old dachshunds. Listen, I love Teddy and Lola, but if you have never had dachshunds.. They really should come with a set of ear plugs.
3. I’m originally from the St. Louis area, a little town called Granite City, Illinois.. Don’t look it up, you’ll be disappointed..
4. Being from STL, I am a HUGE Cardinals fan. Eat, Sleep, and Breathe Redbird Nation. (Yes, I know they aren’t making the playoffs this year, I don’t want to talk about it..)
5. I’m a movie quote junkie, you know, the annoying guy who quotes movies all day long even if said quote doesn’t really even pertain to what is happening at that moment. Yep, that’s me
6. I’m awesome.
7. I don’t like wearing socks.
8. I drink Diet Mt. Dew like it’s my job.
9. I like getting tattoos, I have.. um.. 7 I think.
10. I don’t like to shave. Ever. You should see my sweet beard. Yes, it does grow in like Joe Dirt’s, but I still love it.
And with that, I’m out. Friday night is calling my name!